My Week That Was - June 9

"We All Fit Together Bucky" across from the Market
Street Diner in Sun Prairie.  6/2/2018  dwm photo
This week started on the bike, my third riding for Bucky.

The farthest Bucky from where I live is in Sun Prairie.  That's a 30 mile ride.

Unlike the Saturday two weeks ago, this one was cool, in the high 40s when I left around 6:45.

When I returned nearly five hours later, it was only the high 50s!  It was a good trip as I photographed two Buckys in Sun Prairie, at Madison College, and Warner Park.

Sandhill Crane at International
Crane Foundation. 6/5/18  dwm
My total is now 28 of the 85.  You can see another bunch of Buckys on the blog Monday.

Just as interesting is this is my first five day work week since the third week of April!  It started with a travel day to attend the wedding shower of our daughter-in-law (I drove then took photos while the shower was in progress).

I had a half-day off the next week so I could leave early for a Friday night Brewer game.  Then there was a travel day to the wedding; two off days the next week for the reception in Michigan; a Monday travel day off work; and Memorial Day.  No wonder I'm tired.

Last Tuesday, I went along with a number of Oakwood residents to the International Crane Foundation.  It is an amazing place and the only spot in the world where you can see all 15 species of Cranes.  (More Cranes coming in a future blog.)

You can never go wrong with a good singing group.  I really enjoyed a concert this week by the men's choir from Blackhawk Church in Madison who performed at Oakwood.  They did an entertaining show with a nice variety of spiritual, secular, and fun songs - a tip of the hat to the men of Blackhawk.

That was my week.  If the weather cooperates, I hope to tell you about a 2018 Dairy breakfast in the next week that was.

Comments