My Week That Was - June 2

A man running with the US Flag
on Memorial Day in Monona.
5/28/18    dwm photo
Last Saturday was my first ride of the season with a second ride two days later.

My first was in pursuit of Bucky Badger statues standing around Greater Madison.  I found eight of the nine on my list with one missing (below).

Just searching for six-foot tall Bucky Badgers was fun.  It was even better getting to see them up close.  Part one in the "Biking to Bucky" series goes live on Monday.

Bucky the Builder wasn't here.
5/27/18   dwm photo
I plan to show Bucky four to six statues at a time, and hopefully wrap up the series by the end of summer.  I hope you enjoy it.

Last Monday, I was on the bike at 5:30 in the morning because the day was going to be hot and humid.  40 some miles and 15 Buckys later, I was home just past 9 and ready to hit the showers.  It was a good day and a nice weekend.

Yet there is a consequence to the long weekend.  For me, it is getting back into the swing of things and picking up where I left off last week.

This Snapping Turtle crossed
the Bike Trail early Monday.
5/28/18  (dwm)
On the other hand, there is something nice about a four day work week.  I'm just not sure if it should be the routine.

From Tuesday, the week went well with a nice mix of office work and donor visits and an evening with friends.

Much of the week was H-O-T with temps into the 90s four days in a row.

Thankfully, the heat and humidity broke yesterday - just in time to ride again.

Comments