My Week that Was - May 12

Register for the run, get the shirt!
dwm photo 2018
My week started with a poor effort in the Word on the Street 5K.  For some reason, I didn't have my breath along for the run.  The result was short walks three times over each of the 3.1 miles.

Judging by my peer group on the age group standings I brought up the rear.  The time was 33:33, which was a lot better than I expected while I was a street walker.  If I managed to keep going, it's likely I get under the half-hour mark.  That's my goal for next time.

Monday evening I was on my own for supper and stopped in Madison's best deli shop for a roast beef sandwich.  Which is when the guys behind the counter told me they no longer carry horseradish.
Horseradish.
internet image

Jumping jee-wilikers.  How do you order roast beef without horseradish?

If you've never had horseradish, it has some kick.  Which is why I'm surprised more restaurants don't have it.  Kick, in the form of various spices, is all over the place in peppers ranging from jalapeno to ghost.  I think horseradish needs better public relations.

Lacking horseradish didn't ruin the sandwich, but it sure would have helped.  Come on, Milio's, bring back the horseradish!

The rest of the week was pretty uneventful.  Normal days at work and home, reading, watching TV, and heading to the gym each morning.

That was a good week.  How was yours?

Comments