Mom's Day

Mom & Dad at the 2011 Wisconsin State Fair
8/5/2011   dwm photo
Happy Mother's Day!

Is a day to say thanks and recognize the person who loves us on our worst days; who steps aside on our best days; and is there to help when we need to mend our ways.

Thank you, Mom.

While we think of mother's day in the biological sense of the word, there are plenty of grandmothers, aunts, and sisters who are moms.  Thankfully, there are others who volunteer to be mom. 

All moms deserve thanks.

I was a lucky kid with a mom who worked at home.  She took care of Dad, me, and the house.  She volunteered for a number of activities at church and several groups in the community.

When I was on the 6th grade basketball team and needed an early supper because practice started at 5:30; she made sure I had something to eat.

In 3rd or 4th grade when I wanted to be a Cub Scout, but didn't like the den I was in - she became a den mother and hosted the group.  (It didn't help, I still didn't care for scouting.)

Later, when I was older she was there with occasional words of advice and stories about her life.

If your mom is around... tell her thank you; give her a hug; give her a call.  Moms are the unsung heroines of the world.

Thanks, Mom.

Comments