My Week That Was - Mar 24

Cardinal outside our window.
April, 2015   dwm photo
Whew, what a week.

Monday and Tuesday were extra long with donor parties back to back nights.  They are very important, as we get an opportunity to thank donors for generous support over the last year and show how their gifts are working.

Just as the gifts are celebrated, the goal is to also celebrate the generous hearts of donors who make things happen.

It is one of the most important things our office does each year.  Two nights isn't enough.  Thanking and demonstrating the value of each gift continues all year.

Likely, because I also spent the first four days of the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament watching games, I was tired.  No complaints, it's not like I had to watch all those games.

Yes, my week was good.  I hope you got a lot done in yours.

Clipping coupons and trying to maximize a dollar can be complicated.  Last Sunday's paper had two coupons for contact lens solution.  $5 off a box with two 10 ounce bottles and $2 off a single 10 ounce bottle.  The store ran a special with a picture of the name-brand solution with their own deal to buy one, get one half price.

I went in with my $5 off coupon and selected two twin pack boxes.  Alas, that was not the "selected package" chosen by the store - so I couldn't get $5 off one package and 50% off the second one.

Make a scene?  I don't think I did, but I expressed my disappointment and instead took the $2 off the single pack and got the second single box half price.  Ironically, with my receipt came a coupon for $3 off my next purchase of solution.   I got a good deal, but not as good a deal as I thought they promised.

I read the coupon from the store and I read the one from the paper offering a $5 savings.  Neither said only one coupon permitted per item.

You know what happened already, I'm sure.

Yesterday, I got a twin box of solution ($19.97) and went to the counter with $8 in savings.  "Sorry, I can't apply the second coupon; only one per item is allowed."

I offered a mild protest - it was't the fault of the check-out person after all.  From now on, I'll avoid the store coupons which only save me money on the night of the second full moon in months with no "r's."  The savings was better than an eye lash caught under a contact lens, but it didn't feel right.

Thankfully, I have enough contact lens solution to reach May!

Enjoy your week!

Comments