My Week that Was

Madison winter   1/25/2014   dwm photo
It was a pretty good week.

Some nice things happened at work.  We launched a new program that's been in the planning phase a long time.  Early reviews look good.

I had wonderful visits with generous donors, learning more about their connections to charity and reasons for giving.

We hosted area fundraisers for a round-table discussion.  It drew a good crowd and the new directional signs made it easier for first-time guests to find their way across a large and confusing campus.  (Gotta search for small victories.)

Our anniversary was this week.  33 years.  We were married 12 years before my 33rd birthday!  The passing of time gets measured by yardsticks of different lengths all the time.

Speaking of passing years, I was shocked earlier this week by a death announcement for a resident.  I knew them well and was aware of their age.  So I was surprised by my shock at the passing of a person in their mid-80s.

Death is in everyone's future.  We don't know the when, the why, or the how.  We can know the remedy.

I hope your week went well.  I hope to have a more newsy week to share in 7 days.

Comments