Star Wars The Last Jedi

Movie Poster The Last Jedi
Internet image
Before Episode VIII opened in theaters, we watched the 8 movies ahead of it:

I     The Phantom Menace
II    Attack of the Clones
III   Revenge of the Sith
    Rogue One - technically not part of the series, but fits here
IV   A New Hope
V    The Empire Strikes Back
VI   Return of the Jedi
VII The Force Awakens

And now, The Last Jedi.  Despite the name, it is not the last movie.

For my money, it lives up to the legacy with another generation of true believers trying to keep Imperial Forces from ruling the Galaxy.

We watched the RealD 3D version of the movie - worth it - in the local multiplex and loved every minute.

I'd suggest thinking about how you prepare to watch the film because the whole thing comes in just a bit over two and a half hours.  (Translation, think about liquid consumption.)

The film opens fast and seemingly pick up speed from there.  It has humor and looks incredible.

Before seeing the movie, I saw an internet headline that some ardent Star Wars fans want Disney to pull it out of theaters and start over.  I've seen every film in the series; all but the latest more than once.  But I can't identify which Imperial troops work where based on their uniform.

I loved this one and can't wait for the next and last in the series.  I was 13 when George Lucas talked about a 9 episode series of three trilogies - 44 years ago.

About the series; for me Rogue One is Episode 3.5 as it shows the story of how the rebels got the plans for the Death Star.  Another Episode, 3.25, if you will, is an anticipated early look at Han Solo and Chewbacca before they run into Obi-Wan and Luke in Tatooine.

The Space Western battle of good versus evil lives on the silver screen.  I give this one very high marks and would love to see it again soon.

Comments