Game 3 - Packers beat Cincinnati

I put on my cap.

Then, and I think this was vital, I switched it around.  Yep, you are welcome, Green Bay.

Oh, that Aaron Rodgers had a nice finish to his afternoon as well.

It was 7 - 7 in the first quarter when Rodgers was intercepted and returned for a Bengal score.  It was only the second time in Rodgers' career that happened, Cincinnati leads 14 - 7.

The Bengals scored again in the second quarter to take a two touchdown lead after 30 minutes.

The good news, it was only 14 points.

During halftime I realized I wasn't wearing any Packer headgear.  The cap from week 2 was sidelined after the Atlanta loss. I looked over my collection and picked one before the second half.

The Pack got the ball to start and marched down the field to cut the lead by 7.  They traded field goals with Cincy, still needing a touchdown to tie.

While the defense was missing a few important players, they did hold the Bengals to 3 second half points.  Rodgers connected with Jordy Nelson for their second touchdown of the game to knot the game at 24 a piece with 17 seconds left.  Whew.

In Overtime the Green Bay defense forced a Bengal punt.

Green Bay's first two plays did nothing.  Third down and ten to go - I had to do something.

I turned my cap around.

Immediately, the Quarterback drew the defense off-side and found Geronimo Allison downfield. Geronimo caught it past midfield running the ball down to the seven yard line, a 72 yard play. One play later, Mason Crosby kicked the game-winner, final score 27 - 24.

Rodgers atoned for for his pick-six with three touchdown passes, but it was his cool leadership while under pressure all day by the Bengal defense carried the team.

A loss would have been horrible.  Coming from behind while undermanned hopefully gives the Pack something to build on.  There are still quite a few front-line players hurt and a short turn-around before the next game.

The Chicago Bears come to Lambeau Thursday night.  It could be 40 degrees cooler than Sunday's record-setting warmest home game, 90 at kick-off.

Green Bay is 2 - 1 after 3 games.

Let's go, PACK!

Comments