Too Much Sports

Internet Image
Is it a statement:

"There is too much sports,"

or a question,

"Can there be too much sports?"

Five college football games will be played today, the last one starting at 9 Central Time in Australia featuring student athletes from Stanford and Rice Universities on ESPN.

There is Major League Baseball.  Pre-season exhibition games with the National Football League. Pro Golf.  Professional Tennis.  Major League Soccer plus International teams at work.  And, while I have no idea, I suspect you can find professional Badminton someplace on earth. Auto racing.

High School football is underway too.

Too much?

I don't think so.  Right now, I find comfort and satisfaction watching games and athletic competition. Heck, I've been amused watching the faux-sports Battle of the Network Stars re-boot on ABC for the past number of weeks.

While I like a good TV show or movie, they are often just dramatic.  As a former news reporter, I want to know what is going on, but I'll max out on news long before tiring of sports.

On the other hand, other members of the household might have another opinion.  Which is why, I'm quite sure I don't watch anywhere near the amount of games that I used to see.

Sports seasons fold one into another.

Many was the year fans just wanted the Milwaukee Brewers to keep things interesting until the Green Bay Packers started to play again.  This year, the Brewers remain worth watching and in the playoff hunt.

Joking isn't allowed on this one, "Too much sports?"  Not for me.

Comments