Waiting All Day


The "open" for NBC's Football Night in America begins, "Waiting all day for a Sunday Night...."

Which perfectly describes today.

It has to have some extra levels of stress and anxiety for the players who don't have the comfort of their routine of preparing for a game at noon Central Time.

But, let's face it, it's tough on fans as well.

The build-up starts at the usual time, but it keeps building over the next 12 to 13 hours spent waiting for our kick-off.

I will watch parts of the other 12 games on during the afternoon.  It's nice to check out the other teams in the division to see how they are doing and if their opposition is doing some favors for the Pack.

When Green Bay isn't playing I spend a lot of time glued to the NFL Network's Red Zone channel which bounces from game to game as teams get into scoring position.  Otherwise, I'll flip between the games on FOX or CBS if one of those games is especially compelling.

Mostly, though, I fidget.  I'll read the sports page previews and the online articles about this game against the Vikings in their shiny new stadium.  I'll snack.  And, since the Packers are not playing, I can treat it like a mini-bye week and actually go outside or somewhere without a TV for a few hours of the afternoon.

Just might spend some time working on some blogs for later in the week, too.  There's a new season coming up.  It arrives on a Thursday, which means I'll try to get two blogs posted that day.

Well, this took twenty or thirty minutes to write.... game-time is getting closer!  Go Pack, Go!

Comments