Smoothies and Bike Errands

After last weekend's long weekend (and the start of college football season), I was looking for a nice short ride to kick off the weekend and enjoy the spectacularly great weather.

It started with a ten mile jaunt to the Prairie Cafe and Bakery and my favorite smoothie.

Unfortunately, my brain wasn't at full operation when I ordered, so I had a Strawberry Banana smoothie, which was very good, and somewhat regretted not enjoying their Chocolate Banana smoothie which is incredible.  Oh well, maybe that will be the next Saturday morning ride.

On the way back home, I had a couple stops to see if I could finally get a wrist watch in working order.

The day before I bought a battery and band for it.  I thought I had it all set, but within minutes of getting the band on and placing it on my wrist, I noticed it was loose.  The pin holding one end in place slipped out and despite getting on my hands and knees with a flashlight I couldn't find it.

I stopped by ShopKo, where I bought it and they agreed to exchange the band.  However, I had to take it off.  Ironically, I couldn't get the only end still attached loose!  I wondered what I did all that different on the defective end.

The clerk suggested stopping at the Dakota Watch Company kiosk in the nearby West Towne Mall.

I was pleasantly surprised to find they would sell me one, and install it.  For three dollars.  "Sold!"

It's unclear to me how long ago I actually received the watch.  It came with a leather strap fastened like a belt and I don't like them very much, so I never wore it, always planning to get a new band.

I think that's at least 7 or 8 years ago.  The first battery died while it sat waiting in a drawer for me to take care of it.

The Green Bay Packer watch feels as new to me today as when I first saw it.  It's comfortable and I just know the wristband isn't going anywhere.

I usually put most of accessories in the bike bag while riding, but this time I wore the shiny new watch all the way home.

Errands done and 23 miles in the books in time for the games to begin.

Comments