Late Summer Flowers

Lining either side of the trail I ride to and from work I noticed small twinkling lights recently.

Delicate white and pinkish/purple flowers growing tall and in groups stretch three to four feet in the air amidst restored prairie.

My best efforts in searching for Wisconsin wild flowers online didn't yield a match, so I'm afraid I can't tell you what they might be.

Judging flowers in the wild is difficult.  A week ago, I thought the tall flowers growing in roadside ditches were one thing, only to realize a couple days later I was looking at Goldenrod.

These delicate flowers of summer in the photos stood out, but a few steps later there were several large bushes of them.

Whatever they are called (feel free to leave the name in the comments section, if you please) - they are beautiful.

A small prairie star of elegant proportions whose fragility reminds us it won't be around for long.

Comments