Go See at Brigham Park

An unexpected treat with the Wright Stuff Century ride Saturday was getting introduced to Brigham Park outside Blue Mounds.

It's named for the first European settler in the area, Ebenezer Brigham, who, according to a historical marker in the park, opened a business catering to miners and also served his country in the Civil War.

The Brigham family (much later) gave the park to Dane County.

The view to the north is spectacular.

I spent 15 minutes on a bench with a cold beverage after the ride just looking at the view you see to the right.

The distant community of Mazomanie on the Wisconsin River is visible.  The line at the horizon are the Baraboo bluffs.

The park offers camp sites, picnic shelters, and a bike path to the nearby Cave of the Mounds attraction and meets up with the Military Ridge State Trail.

For me, second to the view is the incredible Maple forest.  The old-growth trees create a micro-climate.  It felt like air conditioned comfort to me, with no electric bill to pay.

I hope to make a reservation for a future date on the bench at sunset for my next visit.  I promise to bring my camera.

Comments