E-asy Commute


At least a few days a week now, I have a new way to get to work.

It's a Vienna and if you look closely there's a hinge in the center of the bar between the seat post and front wheel.

It isn't very handy to ride bent in two, but it becomes easier to transport by car or via one of the express delivery services.

But that's not why I got it.

The little black box below the seat answers that question.

It's a battery!

The battery powers an electric motor which boosts any pedaling so I can go faster while not having to pedal harder.

My 6.5 mile commute has a couple fairly gentle hills, but at my preferred pace the ride on my recumbent has me all hot and sweaty when I get to work.

Just the ability to arrive at work feeling good from the ride and not need a shower and change of clothes makes this little number a valuable tool for me.

There are six gears, so I top out pretty quickly when pedaling with the e-assist.  Fortunately, the motor works just as well as long as I keep my feet moving in circles.

The gray goat has good suspension for a comfortable ride and the motor gives it an impressive leap into gear from a dead stop.  It will not replace my recumbent ride as it is much more comfortable and more fun over long distances than this little commuter.

A great price from the folks at Crazy Lenny's e-Bikes practically forced me to buy it.

Now that I have it, I can leave the car at home several days a week, enjoy the fresh air and outdoor experience on the way to and from work, and make the trip knowing I'm ready to work when I get there.

Comments