The Weekend

It's been a rather hectic few weeks for June.

There was a late May vacation with a return to work; a family visit; and the conclusion of the probate process on my mom's estate.

Oh, there is an exam coming up in less than a week which could be significant.  (I may drop the curtain on that little tease next weekend.)

It's been quite some time since I was away from work for 10 days.  While the time off helps recharge batteries with some rest and relaxation - it also tends to fill the office email.

My first day back was devoted to catching up on what happened while I was gone.  Then it took a day or two to get up to speed and get going again.

Judging by colleagues returning from extended time off; I'm guessing it's a common malady only cured by working through it.  I'll gladly take a week or so at one shot again sometime; maybe next time I won't be as surprised by the aftershocks.

A few days with family were nice.  The kids have grown and by the time this goes live should be finished with a week at a rustic camp in rural Wisconsin.  My thought after seeing the accommodations?  Better them than me, I don't think I would have made it!

Then just days shy of the one year anniversary of mom's death we were able to cross the final t's and dot the last i's on the court documents and checks which formally disposed of the estate's assets.

It was a longer and more grueling process than I expected.  The smallest details caused the most aggravation.  In the end, it went fine thanks to a patient attorney who helped guide us through unknown territory and especially a sibling who kept the small stuff from becoming too big.

A long short month is nearly done; time to enjoy the weekend!

Comments