Adagio

a·da·gio

 (ə-dä′jō, -jē-ō′, -zhō, -zhē-ō)
adv. & adj. Music

I'm not an expert when it comes to music.  I know what I like and what isn't my cup of tea.

Recently, while enjoying a new favorite program, "I'll have what Phil's having," Phil was getting a lesson in the finer points of enjoying tea. 

The Hong Kong tea master said the ceremony of preparing and enjoying a cup of tea slows the drinker and the drinker's life is important because of the role it plays.  He described tea as the adagio of life.

In pieces of classical music, the adagio section gives the listener a moment to catch their breath before the drama and pace picks up again.  It provides a moment to digest what was heard.

So, the master told Phil, it is with tea and should be in our lives.

Tea is a moment to slow during a frantic day.

Maybe tea isn't your cup of tea.  Where do you find a couple of measures to slow down to gather and rebuild energy for the crescendo to come? 

Comments