In the Pool

There's no way of knowing how long you have been reading this blog.

It would seem unusual for most of you to have read, or recall reading a blog nearly two years old.

The September 23, 2013 blog was part of a series I wrote around my 50th birthday.  It included brief posts about my life from its start to my 50th.

The linked blog refers to an event during my sophomore year of high school which explains a bit why I'm not a big fan of swimming.

So, it's a little bit of an upset to be writing about taking a dip in our swimming pool this weekend.

Saturday was hot and humid, like its been for a week.  I was done with my morning workout and while leaving, one of the mainentance guys was taking the daily tests of the swimming pool to open it for the day.

It's close to three years ago since we moved here and I've never been in the pool.  There are lots of reasons or excuses for that.  Too hot.  Too cold.  Too crowded.  Too empty.

But Saturday the idea appealed to me and after a post-workout shower I visited the pool.  There is little threat since the "deep end" is five foot.  I could stand myself to safety if necessary!

The pool was comfortable and provided a nice place to stretch out and relax after a long stretch on the treadmill.

I'm sorry I haven't tried this sooner and may have to give it a shot again sometime.  So, maybe I'll see you in the pool.

I'll be the guy in the shallow end with the water wings.   :-D

Comments