Milk Chocolate Day

Sorry, not Chocolate Milk Day, but Milk Chocolate... in keeping with some of thoughts in Sunday's blog - there might be at least one (and usually more) "holiday" to be observed every day of the year.

My friends at WRSE sometimes use these little notes for chatter between songs or provoke thought or conversation when there isn't enough happening locally to keep people's attention.  A friend of mine who worked in radio for many years loved the annual celebration of "Who - De - Hoo!" day.

Just to shed some light on that, when the appointed day arrived, you opened your door and yelled, "Who - De - Hoo!"  Awesome.

I think milk chocolate is a little unappreciated.  Dark chocolate is chock full of antioxidents, making it nearly a health food, right?  Milk chocolate works well for baking and many types of candy. Several decades ago, my dad and I toured the Hershey's simulated plant in Hershey, Pennsylvania.  It was a bit like Willy Wonka's factory as we toured in little cars powered by Ommpa - loompas. There were some small candies to sample and many more to buy at tour's end.  Yummy.

Lately, or since reaching adulthood, milk chocolate is taking add on extra qualities. Besides being deliciously sweet - it's a bit of a memory. My best friend and I rode to Art's Randall Avenue Grocery store, a small three aisle store and butcher shop and buy all the candy we could get for a quarter.  One of my favorites was a bar called Choco'lite. I loved the little pockets of crisp inside and the texture of it on my tongue.

You could, I suppose, actually eat too much chocolate.  But, I doubt it.  All things in moderation, right?  So, try to balance your chocolate food groups accordingly.  Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, chocolate ice cream, chocolate chips, and gourmet chocolate.

A small piece of chocolate can go a long way now - savor the sweetness!

Comments