Side of the Road

It's amazing what can be found along the roads we travel.

Sunday morning, while climbing a hill there was a golf ball sitting in the gravel just a couple inches off the pavement.

It was so far from the fairway, the rough, and even past out of bounds - the golfer never found it.

Many times I wondered while driving up the road was what the odds might be of a golfer's tee shot hitting a car, pedestrian, or bicyclist.   I didn't think the odds were good.  Until I saw the ball.

Just west of Janesville there is a house with five gigantic sheep in the front yard.  And two lambs!

It caught my eye the first time I drove past, going north on County H toward U.S. 14.  What was that anyway!  Maybe 30 yards west of the road are extraordinarily large Suffolk sheep.  It's land that may have been, or still could be a farm.

Likely, it's at least home to folks who love counting sheep.  Or someone who had the wool pulled over their eyes by a very hard working traveling salesman.

You can find all kinds of stuff along the road.  A year ago I found an unopened box of aluminum foil.

Cash.  Once many years ago, a twenty dollar bill was stuck between tall stems of grass.

I haven't been that fortunate in a while.

More likely than cash are coins.  A quarter here and a dime there, pretty soon you have an extra dollar in your pocket.

Since starting this blog and traveling frequently with my camera; I keep my eyes open.  The right picture on the right day can inspire a blog.

Just like these sheep along the road.

Comments