Snow-prise!

It was 70 here just a few days ago.

This past Saturday, I was walking through a county park wearing my new Brewers jacket and taking pictures.

Then yesterday, I walked through 8 inch drifts on the way to my workout, we had snow again!

Moist snow like the storm that passed through is typical for this type of year.  Here in Madison we got around 3", while south and west places received as much as a foot.  It delayed several classes and cancelled others in rural southwest Wisconsin.

Juicy flakes attached themselves to the branches of the crab-apple tree outside my office.  The fermenting crab apples thankful for a blanket against the spring chill.

It sure was pretty.  Maybe not so much for folks struggling through a snow covered commute, but it may be the last snow we see until November.

Late winter/early spring snows like this provoke wistful thoughts on the winter now past and excitement as the new fallen snow starts melting.

Yet just hours later, by the end of the work day, only a little snow was left.  Weather guys tells us lots of rain is coming tonight which will wash away the rest of it.

I'll admit that during the warm, sunny days we enjoyed last week I doubted my Wisconsin forecast of at least one more snowfall would come.

It did, and hopefully, after today I can look forward to the next snow... next winter. 

Comments