Cabin Fever

Do you have cabin fever yet?

Moping and whining around the house because it's just been too much winter lately and it seems like a lengthy term of confinement?

Just looking for a solution to the fever can be part of the cure... the mind can take a mental vacation to warmer climes and warmer days ahead.

I can't say I've been afflicted with this cooped up feeling too many times, but lately it seems we have entered the groundhog days of winter.  Each day is another day of winter, like the one before.

"Let me outta here!"  I want to scream.  But, I don't.  That would be very non-Midwest and non-Wisconsin of me.  No, better to have a chapped stiff upper lip and endure.

Yellow beams of sun are climbing over the horizon earlier each day unless heavy cloud cover makes a game of hide and seek with the solar heater.  Those are moments that offer a little respite from the confined sensation, and I'm thankful a few have rolled past this week.

There is plenty of winter to go, and we are still five inches behind where we should be for a normal winter of snow... so I better set up some mugs with marshmallows. 

The cure for this episode of cabin fever is a piping cup of hot chocolate!

Comments