Baraboo's Log Cabin

In a tourist friendly community like Baraboo (home to Circus World Museum and the International Crane Foundation, among other things), restaurants need to find a way to attract visitors and keep local folks walking in the front door.

My introduction to the Log Cabin went well.  The cabin is authentic with some kitsch to make it fun.

Just over my shoulder, peering down from a log in the rafters, sat a carved bear in chef hat and apron.  He was joined by a number of other animals jumping out of the timber - eagles, racoons, and bear cubs.

I ordered the Colby Beef.  It tasted like the roast beef my mom used to make, topped with Colby cheese and pieces of fried onion sticks. 

Log Cabin's food seemed good across the menu with friendly and cheerful service.  The Beer Cheese soup was a welcome warm up compliment to the meal and the Cinnamon Swirl bread from their kitchen a great treat to bring home.

Young, old, locals, and travelers waited in line patiently for a place to eat when I stopped in. 

There is plenty more I hope to try - breakfast, more lunch, and a milk shake - to name a few the next time I drop my ax at the Log Cabin.

Comments