A Comeback and then another Comeback Story

There are many avenues of our lives that provide insight and inspiration.

Those motivational moments can be internal or external - stories from our lives or from the lives of those around us that give us a pat on the back or kick in the backside to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and keep moving.

One of the things I like about watching sports are those inspiring stories of the little guy winning against all odds or the instances when someone is knocked down and is seemingly out of the race with no hope to get back in it, but does.

When we lived in Indiana, I remember a sad story about an athlete from Ft. Wayne who was seriously hurt in a plane crash that killed his father and step-mother. 

I didn't know much about the player - just that he had recently accepted a scholarship offer.  That opportunity, it seemed to me at that time, was almost an impossible journey now.

I'm not a fan of the Michigan Wolverines, but I'm an admirer of the coach and a kid who currently sits on their bench.

I suggest you take the time to read and/or watch his story.  You will be glad you did.

The story was broadcast a week ago - its told well and is quite moving.   Thanks, ESPN for sharing.

Comments