Backwards

It's apparently a day to celebrate backwards.

.tluciffid smees tahT

All of us at one time or another have put a shirt on backwards and maybe even inside out and backwards.

My first experience helping with the NCAA women's Final Four, I couldn't figure out why the polo shirt they gave me for the volunteer uniform wouldn't fit.

Judging by the size on the tag, it should have fit just fine.  But it was very tight.

I noticed the buttons were on the wrong side.  A ha!  I was given a woman's polo and while the size read the same, it wasn't.

Let's just say it didn't fit like it should.  A shirt exchange later, I was all set to work.  Problem solved.

You could try doing various things backwards today.  One time back in St. Paul Lutheran school I remember having a backwards day and I managed to wear virtually everything backwards - except my shoes and a couple other things.  Somehow, I even wore the pants backwards, but it was difficult to sit down.

Backwards is a good way to approach problem solving - look at the hoped for solution and work back to where you are now and trace the steps.  It can also help you find a lost set of keys. 

People smarter than me in math can solve problems backwards.  Just knowing that there are two people, one leaving Footville on a bike at 3 miles an hour and another leaving Johnston Center walking at 2 miles an hour, they know what these people had for lunch!

How?  I don't know, it seems backwards when I try to think about it.

Wear your hat or cap backwards, but not inside please.  Walk backwards for a while.  Write backwards to create a secret code for your kids.

.did uoy dalg eb lliw uoY

Comments