Commerce Creates Strange Bedfellows


The seed for this blog came after hearing about my sister's finish in a recent Ironman triathlon in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

In the video highlights, I saw it was the Little Debbie Chattanooga Ironman triathlon.

What?  That sounds different.

If you don't know, Little Debbie is a brand of snack cakes.

Swiss Rolls, Zebra Cakes, Nutty Bar Wafer Bars, Oatmeal Creme Pies, and Cosmic Brownies.

Yummy!

I know Little Debbie.

Little Debbie is a friend of mine.  I like the Swiss rolls and cosmic brownies most.

However, it you've ever seen a triathlete you would guess they DON'T know Little Debbie.

Which got me to thinking about other unlikely pairings, and those that would be fun to see.

The Extra Greasy Spoon Walk for Cholesterol.

Metallica's Children Stories.

Hooter's Junior Baseball League.

National Enquirer School of Journalism.

As you drive around today, you might see other unlikely pairings or come upon you might like to see.

Meanwhile, there's nothing wrong with a little carbo loading before a ride or race - and at the end of one it can be an excellent treat.

Comments