Obscure days & the Packers

There are a lot of "days" for people to celebrate or recognize. 

Many of those days feel artificial to me, while others are fun to learn about and wonder how slow it had to be around the Name a Day office when the decree was made for Felt Hat Day.

Just felt.  No truckers caps, no ball caps, no hats of yarn woven into the skin of aluminum cans.

It seems hats are not so much style these days.  The cast of MadMen on AMC are doing their part to revive the Fedora.  Felt fabric is warmer, so this is the time of year to break out the autumn and winter attire.  When it's over, I hope you can (wait for it...) say it felt good!

Lest you find your closet or hat rack missing a Felt Hat - it is also Make a Hat Day.

You may know different folks than I do, which is a rather silly statement because of course you know different people than me.  The idea of designing, making, and wearing a hat is not something I can imagine anyone other than teachers of young children to get excited about.  

Here's a picture of a bunch of people wearing hats, or caps, they are no doubt wearing their Packer hats today to celebrate the first home win of the season.

For yesterday's game I wore a Green Bay cap that I haven't worn in years. The team won, so I'll wear it next week. 

Speaking of the Pack, it's good to have a mark in the Win column after the disappointing performance in the opener. 

After watching a couple of games it feels like it may still be too soon to really have a pulse on where this team ends up.  But, it's important to look at the bright side.

After a horrible start to the game and trailing 3 - 21 early in the first half seemed like a very deep hole, so getting a win out of all that feels bigger than it was.  It's OK, a win counts the same no matter what it looks like.

Which is also what I would need to remind you after you look at the hat I made to celebrate September 15.

Comments