Starting the Scenic Shore 150

This morning, about the time this blog appears, I'll be starting the day's trek from Mequon to Manitowoc, Wisconsin.

It's a jaunt along Wisconsin's East Coast.

It's the first of two 75 mile rides with an optional 25 miles added in for the intrepid souls who want to hit three digits on their bike computer.

As I typed this, I was thinking that making the overall journey 175 instead of 150 miles would be a good challenge for this weekend.  It is an optional loop, so if the day is more challenging or I just don't feel up to it, I can slack off with the straight 75.  I'll let you know in a few days which way I turned.

The Lymphomaniacs, the team I'm reading with, has raised more than $30,000 toward the cause of helping individuals fight Lymphoma and Leukemia.  I'd like to thank my family and friends for supporting me in this ride, thanks to your help $500 was raised.  It's not too late, if you would like to help - just follow this link to learn more and make a difference.

One thing I am hoping to do today is enjoy the ride; take some pictures of Wisconsin I've not seen from the back of my bike; and find some good food to eat and drink along the way.

I look forward to writing about this adventure when I get back.  Here's to enjoying your weekend - get out and live in it!

Comments