Tour de Cure

I'm going to give the Tour de Cure another shot.

Back in 2010, I tried the 100 mile challenge in Indianapolis.  40 laps around the Indianapolis Speedway on June 12.

I made it half-way.  Ugghh!  It was a hot and humid day that you could wring the water out of a towel without using a faucet.

I failed to consider the boredom of riding around the same 2.5 miles (the Indy Car guys go much faster) and the heat (70 + at 7:30am) with the gut-busting humidity dropped me after 21 laps.

Still, money was raised for the fight against Diabetes to be used by the American Diabetes Association.

Up in Wisconsin, the opportunity has presented itself again, this time in the form of a 100 kilometer ride (62 mile) around Dane County.  In May!

The way our winter has been so far, I'm more likely to have piles of snow than hot and humid weather that day.

Another incentive this year is sharing the ride with you.  I'll take pictures of the ride and blog about them afterwards.

I would appreciate your help in this effort to make it a complete success.  My first gift toward the effort is $26; a dollar for each million of Americans living with diabetes.  If seven of you join me, my goal will be reached.

My father-in-law has diabetes; I bet you know people who live with it everyday as well.  I've noticed my last few visits to the doctor have presented the question to me to whether I'm diabetic.  So far, I've been blessed not to have it.  (Maybe the docs are reading my pancake blogs!)

It's easy to help - right from your keyboard - just follow this link and take a look at my page.

Thanks for your consideration and your help!

Comments