It could be my age.
Or that I'm just noticing things more lately.
It seems I am either very comfortable in my morning routine - charitably thought of as a routine, not as charitably as an obsession - or am taking an exit ramp into something darker, or at least odd.
For some time now, I wake and roll out of bed a little ahead of 5:30. In the fitness center by 5:40 for a 35 minute work out (what that is depends on the day, run four days alternating with other things). Back home around 6:15 and downstairs for breakfast moments ahead of 6:30,
I turn on Mike & Mike while getting a bowl of cereal and finishing getting dressed. Out the door at 7 and a stop for my Diet/Mt Dew a few minutes later; then walking into the office building by 7:15.
That gives you an idea.
Little things can disrupt the routine and it seems like I'm about to fly off the rails.
For example, I might oversleep a bit and throw off the whole schedule. Or, I can't find the cereal I'm looking for or maybe can't find a bowl and spoon!
The Prius has had difficulty starting when it gets below zero overnight. That means getting out the other car to jump-start the Prius.
The strange thing is - I don't need to be at work until 8.
But, I prefer arriving early and easing into the day with some routine reading and checking of e-mail before the day starts.
I feel "normal" when I can do that; out-of-sorts when I don't.
My Dad was a little like that. At least in terms of getting to the office early. He rolled in by 7 after his daily walk and breakfast.
Writing this blog is part of a daily routine - one I enjoy very much. For those of you who have stuck with me for a while, thanks.
The one thing that gives me a little comfort is I don't have to do everything in this order or go back and re-do it if I miss a step.
While one should never self-diagnose... I think that is the point which makes me believe I have an ingrained habit and not a compulsion.
But, if I was a bit "out there," I suppose I could be the last to know. Hmmmm.
Or that I'm just noticing things more lately.
It seems I am either very comfortable in my morning routine - charitably thought of as a routine, not as charitably as an obsession - or am taking an exit ramp into something darker, or at least odd.
For some time now, I wake and roll out of bed a little ahead of 5:30. In the fitness center by 5:40 for a 35 minute work out (what that is depends on the day, run four days alternating with other things). Back home around 6:15 and downstairs for breakfast moments ahead of 6:30,
I turn on Mike & Mike while getting a bowl of cereal and finishing getting dressed. Out the door at 7 and a stop for my Diet/Mt Dew a few minutes later; then walking into the office building by 7:15.
That gives you an idea.
Little things can disrupt the routine and it seems like I'm about to fly off the rails.
For example, I might oversleep a bit and throw off the whole schedule. Or, I can't find the cereal I'm looking for or maybe can't find a bowl and spoon!
The Prius has had difficulty starting when it gets below zero overnight. That means getting out the other car to jump-start the Prius.
The strange thing is - I don't need to be at work until 8.
But, I prefer arriving early and easing into the day with some routine reading and checking of e-mail before the day starts.
I feel "normal" when I can do that; out-of-sorts when I don't.
My Dad was a little like that. At least in terms of getting to the office early. He rolled in by 7 after his daily walk and breakfast.
Writing this blog is part of a daily routine - one I enjoy very much. For those of you who have stuck with me for a while, thanks.
The one thing that gives me a little comfort is I don't have to do everything in this order or go back and re-do it if I miss a step.
While one should never self-diagnose... I think that is the point which makes me believe I have an ingrained habit and not a compulsion.
But, if I was a bit "out there," I suppose I could be the last to know. Hmmmm.
Comments
Post a Comment