Another sign of spring... the Bike O' Rama.
It's the annual bike show put on by several Madison area bike shops out at the Alliant Convention Center.
This was my first time.
Wow.
Lots and lots of bikes. Lots of bike supplies.
And maybe the most fun were some of the potential bike destinations and rides.
It was fun walking up and down the aisles dreaming of maybe the next bike on my horizon.
There were some recumbent bikes on hand made by Bacchetta that looked very cool. I'm almost ready to upgrade my ride, but the Hostel Shoppe in Stevens Point will be the first place I look.
That's where I bought mine in 2003 and they now make their own model which I've been able to test ride and really like.
There were booths for some upcoming rides around the area - the MS150; the Tour de Cure; and Scenic Shore 150.
A colleague at Oakwood talked to me about the Tour de Cure at the end of last summer and I've already signed up for that ride in May.
The Scenic Shore 150 was new to me. It's a two day ride from Mequon to Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin in July along Lake Michigan. It sounds like a nice couple of days along roads I've not ridden. It supports the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I signed up.
There is all kinds of gear available to admire and purchase. Bike jerseys, helmets, and various accessories.
Would you believe you can buy something to hold your thermal coffee cup? I don't think drinking a hot beverage is a great idea - maybe even worse than texting and riding. I learned as a kid that you can't ride with pop in a bike bottle - the thing will explode all over!
There is still too much snow and ice on the roads for me to venture out quite yet, but I left the arena with hopes, dreams, and plans for lots of rides during 2014.
It's the annual bike show put on by several Madison area bike shops out at the Alliant Convention Center.
This was my first time.
Wow.
Lots and lots of bikes. Lots of bike supplies.
And maybe the most fun were some of the potential bike destinations and rides.
It was fun walking up and down the aisles dreaming of maybe the next bike on my horizon.
That's where I bought mine in 2003 and they now make their own model which I've been able to test ride and really like.
There were booths for some upcoming rides around the area - the MS150; the Tour de Cure; and Scenic Shore 150.
A colleague at Oakwood talked to me about the Tour de Cure at the end of last summer and I've already signed up for that ride in May.
The Scenic Shore 150 was new to me. It's a two day ride from Mequon to Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin in July along Lake Michigan. It sounds like a nice couple of days along roads I've not ridden. It supports the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I signed up.
There is all kinds of gear available to admire and purchase. Bike jerseys, helmets, and various accessories.
Would you believe you can buy something to hold your thermal coffee cup? I don't think drinking a hot beverage is a great idea - maybe even worse than texting and riding. I learned as a kid that you can't ride with pop in a bike bottle - the thing will explode all over!
There is still too much snow and ice on the roads for me to venture out quite yet, but I left the arena with hopes, dreams, and plans for lots of rides during 2014.
Comments
Post a Comment