Be Happy! Be Happy?

It's "I Want You to be Happy Day."

My wish for you is that you find a little island of happiness in your Monday.

Just surviving Mondays can be tough.  In this treadmill winter - they can feel like a mixture of blue and white.

If you can paste a smile on your face; then you might be able to do something to get another to smile and get a ray of sunshine in their life today.  That would help them be happy.

Looking for a way to make someone else happy - even a stranger - will increase your happiness quotient.  Give happy = be happy.

Your smile can make a day.  Since flowers in most of the country, are still firmly underground, not to mention a couple layers of snow, ice, and frost, you can be a daffodil of joy for those around you.

I recently came across this video that will make you "happy" or at least smile awhile, I hope it gets your feet tapping.

Those who have to deal with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) get a boost from the additional daylight.  Somewhat ironically, these days extra portions of sunshine frequently means more cold as cold fronts from the north clear the skies and sink the mercury levels in those outdoor thermometers.

Of course, the pursuit of happiness talked about in our Declaration of Independence may really be after contentment instead.

The state of happiness could look much different for us than our founding fathers.

Happiness seems a bit of a temporary condition, so let me revise the good wishes above to one hoping you are content.

Contentment is a great blessing.

It's an attitude that moves with us in our ups and downs.  It's a way of trying to live whether it's high off the hog or in a package of bologna and thankful for either one.

I want more for you than being "happy,"  I pray you find a place in life where you are content!

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. Philippians 4 : 12

Comments