Thesaurus Day

Thesaurus Day - did you miss it?

It was this past Saturday, so if necessary you might want to find a card/note/letter to belatedly/tardily wish your friends a very happy Thesaurus Day!

It's a 24 hour period to pay homage to the book that gives us names for things we already have names for already.

Peter Roget wrote/penned/scribbled/typed the book/tome/epistle in 1779.

I still actually have/possess a Thesaurus on my desk/work station at work/job.  It seems like I don't use/dig into the book as much as I could since it is much easier/simpler to do so online/in cyberspace.

If it weren't for books/references like Roget's; getting those high school essays/reports/term papers to the correct number of words would be quite difficult/hard/impossible.

But once again, as I searched/dug/explored potential topics/posts for today's blog - good ol' Roget saved the day/calendar unit again!

Thanks/danka-schoen/gracias there, buddy/com-padre/man.


Comments