T.P. Crime Wave

Here's something that I find puzzling... what is it that makes toilet paper and paper towels so valuable?

There are new dispensers at work and they have working locks on them with little bitty keys that can unlock the precious items inside.

At my previous employer, the paper towels were under lock and key.

Meanwhile, desktop and laptop computers were tethered to the walls only by extension cords.

Paintings and trophies hang on walls or sit in unlocked cases.

I must have missed the news about rampant toilet paper theft and paper towel heists.  Since everything is under guard now, it must be pretty valuable property!

Granted, there are probably some employees out there who will grab a roll or two every once in a while to take home.  But in the places I've worked I find that very difficult to believe.

The hassle comes in when dispensers go empty and they can't be refilled without a key.

Feeling locked out is a helpless and humiliating feeling.  Really, I'm not trusted enough to have a key to the dispensers in the bathroom???!!!!!

By the way, the rolls in the picture are ours - paid for at the store and kept in our handy safe when not in use.

If there every is a police file opened on T.P. theft I can only hope the authorities have something to go on.




Comments