Planning

Happy Birthday to friend Bob H - we met in 3rd grade of St. Paul's when his family moved to town and remained friends through and beyond high school.  Best wishes, Bob!

----------------------------------------------

Interesting moment from the weekend - working through and reviewing plans for my mom.

This goes with the territory of being the oldest and closest (in proximity) to her.  I also think of it as another sign of my increasing age.

It's a good thing - and I'm glad to be here and in a position to help and learn about her plans and desires.

From a previous year career (that I haven't written about yet) in insurance; I know how valuable this sort of thing and, in fact, all of us should have these kinds of plans in place since we just don't know when they'll be needed.

The best analogy perhaps is that of an expectant mom who packs a suitcase and keeps it close as the delivery draws closer.  That way when the time comes there is no figuring out what to bring just enacting the plan.

This also makes me think I need to get my plans together too.  How about you?

I know one thing I'd like to plan is the funeral service - those other details?  Surprise me.

Comments