Rent-a-Bike

What do you do when you need a bike, but there are none around?

It's time to rent one.

It's free for the first half hour; then $2 if less than an hour and $5 for each additional hour.  Of course, a $5 spot gets you a 24 hour membership, so that or exchanging your bike every 30 minutes is the way to go.

If you've not been to Madison, it's a perfect place to ride a bike.

The ride share concept is growing across the country.  Why not?  It's a great idea for college students and the U.W. campus is the perfect place to rent, ride, return, and repeat.

These are Trek bikes and with enough stations around the city that the bikes are available almost anywhere you might need one.

I haven't tried one yet, since my dependable recumbent and old reliable Schwinn 10 speed do the job for me, but if I ever need a bike - count me in with the Madison B-cycle crowd!

Comments