Happy Blogoversry

It was a year ago, July 21, 2012, that I posted this blog the first time.

Thank you for reading the various "brain droppings" (thanks to George Carlin for that phrase) over the past year.  I'm always surprised and a bit amazed to see that people from across our small planet actually have spent a little time reading what I write. 

I sincerely appreciate it and hope you are finding it funny or enjoyable or at least a way to pass a couple of minutes between tasks at work or home.

"They used to call me Pointdexter" started as an occasional to 3 times a week pouring forth of thoughts, observations, reports (on breakfasts and bike rides and sometimes both), Packers and Brewers, and comments on life.  If you are not aware of the reason for the blog title, you can find that in the blog from last August 8th (you might want to check, there could be a test at some point).

Today is the 311th blog.  It's also the 200th consecutive day with a blog since January 3, 2013. 

That first blog (which you can find, if you really want to by scrolling down the home page all the way to the bottom) started with a shot of an Indiana Covered Bridge... so it seemed only fitting to use another Covered Bridge (the RoAnn) on the first anniversary.

The blog has become a daily part of my life - generally in the evening jotting down thoughts and 'publishing' it the next morning at 7:30 Central Time.  I search for a photo that attracts my attention and prompts me to a topic or idea.  Other days, I seem to bubble over with blogs (back in December I blogged multiple times a day as the Winter Storm Draco blew through the city) and write them with a future publication date.

You are invited to leave a comment sometime and if you think a blog is worth it, please share with others in our world-wide cyber cafe. 

Year II, here we go!

Comments