Oh, I Wish I Were...


If you are of a 'certain age,' then you know how to finish the familiar advertising jingle:

'an Oscar Meyer wiener; that is what I'd truly love to be.  Cause if I were an Oscar Meyer wiener; then everyone would be in love with me!'

The Wiener mobile was in town recently for the Bratfest and I knew there were hot dog shape whistles to be had from the driver.

The price?

Sing an Oscar Meyer jingle.

OK - here's the one we 'paid' up with:

'My bologna has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R.
My bologna has a second name, it's M-A-Y-E-R.
I love to eat it everyday, and if you ask me why, I'll say...
Cause Oscar Mayer has a way with
B-O-L-O-G-N-A.'

Well, the man paid up, good to his word.  The driver is a college grad who took a year after getting his business degree to drive the country in a large hot dog.

That would be fun, at least for the first year.

The wiener mobile was created back in the 1920's - and even now if you see a large sausage heading your direction down the highway - I know you are going to smile!                                                    

Comments