Give Me a Home

Take me out to the ballyard,
Take me out with the crowd.
Buy me a Brat and a Pepsi;
I'm so glad, you thought to bring me.

But, it's cold, cold, cold in Chicago.
I like it much better at Home.
For it's cold, wet, and yeechh...
Hypothermia got me, at the Old ball game.

With apologies to Jack Norworth and Albert Von Tilzer who wrote the original song way back in 1908.... it seemed to me watching the shivering men on the field this week in chewing gum park would have much rather played their April games under a roof with the heat turned on.

Take me out to the Beer Keg,
Take me out today.
I'll buy a brat, and you buy the beer.
Sooner or later, we're all fit to cheer!

Let's yell and scream for the Brewers,
If they don't win, that's ok.
For it may rain or be cold, but inside it's the same
At our new ball game!

Comments