Be Our Guest

If you ever come to our house, we are all set for you.

We, you see, have guest towels!

How, or why, we ever allowed strangers across the threshold prior to this I do not know.

Let me say, I am most relieved to have finally put this gigantic social faux pas to rest in the knowledge that our friends, family, and neighbors will have their own towel to use when washing in the bathroom.

Me, not so much.  I can't use these highly reverenced towels if they were the last ones in the house and my hands had just been washed by a coterie of monks and nuns.

According to the best estimates, currently available via algorithms, we won't likely expect visitors until the month of May.  These towels could need dusting before they are used for the reason they were created!

How do bachelors ever manage to live without these important fluffy piece of cloth?  (I'm guessing the women in the audience are saying that we weren't 'living.')  When I was responsible for keeping my own place, there was only one nail in the bathroom, so trying to hang guest and 'regular' towels was a bit of a problem.

Until this recent development, I had no idea how deprived I had been and the social dilemma I was forcing upon my guests.  No, I understand why they would stand just outside the bathroom, peer inside, and walk away.  The missing guest towel (usually with the logo of the host so they can't be stolen) kept them from making use of the facilities.

Life is good now, for me, and these guests - whenever they might show up.

Guest towels are certainly this week's key to life's door to happiness!

April Fool's!

Comments