Middle Name Day

According to one list I found, today is Middle Name Pride Day.

Do you like your middle name?

We decided to give our boys two middle names - although it seems that the IRS and other government bodies and schools don't care for that and only recognize their first middle initial.

Rule #1 in giving a child a middle name is checking to see that their first name and last name, combined with a middle name don't form an unfortunate acronym.

Carl Anthony Thomas sounds like an attorney, but what attorney wants CAT on his briefcase?

Samuel Oliver Barris may sound like the name of a favorite teacher or pastor, but can you imagine his life in school with those initials?

Family names are OK to use to honor grandparents or special family friends, I just encourage you to think those through.

For me, I'm glad my high school friends weren't around to suggest a nickname they gave me to my parents way back when - David Pointdexter - wouldn't have been a name I wanted to carry through life.

Comments