Heading into the Freezer

 It was not too cold to start the day - but clouds hanging over the land made the prospect of shooting Bald Eagles less interesting.

(To clarify, the shooting would be with a Nikon... although I read somewhere that they taste like chicken!)

In the on-going search for good breakfast joints, we stopped into Yola's on Madison's west side near Junction and Watts.  
At first, it seemed a little 'too nice' to be my kind of spot - but once the words 'Chocolate Chip Waffle' came into view - I knew it would be just fine.  The chocolate chips are a bit of a hide and seek adventure, but as you slather the whipped cream over the top - there's no need for the extra syrup calories.

Big ups to Yola's for the nice contemporary Christian music on the radio.
Then, we headed out to take advantage of temps in the mid 30s (cold front and strong winds coming in this afternoon) to see what kind of interesting things might pop up.

Now, I understand the concept of frozen water - I just always figured since I can't swim in it, I shouldn't walk on it either - but admire the work by the hockey players on Lake Monona who created a rink and dashed up and down the ice.

Amidst the Saturday stops - the last one was back at Oakwood Village for their Beat the Winter Blues Fest.  I enjoyed a fresh S'more and Hot Chocolate and a nice walk through the always beautiful Nature Preserve.  The somewhat shy Cardinal was the closest I came to any birds on this day... but with some bone-chilling weather arriving in a few hours, it was just nice to be out walking around on a great January day.

Have a great day and see you in church! 

Comments