Clipped!

It's two weeks now since my back went into spasms and the associated sciatic nerve was pinched too much for its liking - sending electric bolts of pain down my right leg.

The pain, more of a tingling/numbness now, is beginning to drop a notch or two now... but some doses of Advil several times through the day are helping me through it.

It's been difficult to assess the reason for the latest flare up - but I noted that the location where the worst pain was radiating from is the same location as the left corner of my wallet when lodged in my right rear pants pocket.

For some time, dating back to the first time my back did this, I remove the wallet before driving any significant distance, but had kept the little bit of leather (a new one emblazoned with a 'G', of course) right beside me.

Really, how could I live without it?  Where to keep the cash, debit card, driver's license, health and dental insurance identifications, State Bike Trail pass, store gift cards, 'frequent flier' cards for various businesses, and the all-important sizes/reminders about things my spouse may want as gifts.

A well-meaning soul, several years ago - probably after my previous pack episode gave me a money clip for Christmas.  I recall looking at it and thinking it wouldn't work for me.

Well, not so fast my friend.

Since the pain running down my right leg was much worse than I remembered in my left - I thought desperate times call for desperate measures.  I 'searched' online for instructions on how to use a money clip and picked up some ideas on how money should be loaded (large bills on the outside, smaller ones inside to be pulled out first) and what to do with the rest of my 'personal files.'

That Christmas clip, pictured above, is now holding cash and my Kelley's Market punch card (for Mt/Diet Dew purchases).  That list plastic thingy - that was in my wallet for the driver's license and other 'important' papers - rest in my front pocket.  The money clip easily slides into a front pocket as well and is hardly noticeable.

It may be a bit early to declare victory - only five days into the money clip conversion - but so far it seems to be working. 

I'll let you know if I ever get ready to sell that Packer wallet.

Comments