Christmas Goodies


This time of year is time for "goodies."

Sweets.

Treats.

A homemade buffet of sugar.

Maybe your office becomes a smorgasbord of cookies, cakes, muffins, breads, and candies.

Just what is a person to do?  

It seems the polite thing is to graciously accept a sample, but what about all those work-outs and days of deprivation to get into "fighting trim?"  Ah, it is a difficult trail to negotiate.

Looking at some of the sweet treats can add pounds to your waist without a taste... if you put one in your mouth that favorite (or not so favorite) Christmas sweater will need to stretch j-u-s-t a little further.

You should be nice - after all, they didn't have to bake all that chocolate goodness.  And, isn't chocolate good for us?  An anti-oxidant, I think, that sounds like something that should be good for us.

Small bites and just one sample is a good strategy.  A co-worker of mine said the more there is the less inviting it becomes.  This, to me, sounds like a good plan - bring in more treats, eat less!   Let's see how that works.

One of my favorite treats at the holidays isn't necessarily a Christmas goodie, but I think they are spotted more often this time of year.

It's the Peanut Butter Blossom.

Simple goodness.  A Hershey's Kiss dropped gently so it is surrounded by a peanut butter cookie.

My technique is to eat the ring first saving the kiss for the last bite.  It is so good, I don't do very well limiting my intake.

But it's Christmas... if I get enough of them in front of me I'm sure I'll get tired of them.

Eventually.

Happy Season's Eatings.

Comments