My Week That Was - April 20

Early Tulip at Oakwood Village.
4/19/2019  dwm
My week started very nicely.  Any time I can manage to run 3 miles without stopping the day after giving blood - I feel like things are going well.

Just hours later, I was attended a memorial service for a resident who was especially helpful to me when I started at Oakwood years ago.

He and his wife invited me to a floor dinner, introduced me to their friends and neighbors and helped get my feet on the ground on the Prairie Ridge campus.  That hospitality and welcome continues to benefit me today.

Sunday was Palm Sunday - palm leaves were waved in the air by children of the church as they marched around the sanctuary during the opening song.  The day celebrates the triumphal entry of Jesus into Jerusalem.  A few days later, he is marched out of the city and no one is cheering as the parade makes its way to Calvary.

It is Passion Week.

Monday was a busy day on our east campus.  I had three visits and did an interview with a couple for an upcoming publication.  It was a good day.

Tuesday was busy in a different way.  The transcription of the interview helped a lot, but for some reason there were some comical interpretations of many of the words.  Oakwood was transcribed as "to blood,"  It took some time, but there is a lot of good material for the piece.

On Wednesday I completed the first draft, writing it in the first person of the people I interviewed.  The next step is checking with them on how it feels, then square it away for publication.

Thursday was jam-packed: three donor visits; a floor lunch pizza party; and a meeting.  That's a lot.

Friday was Good Friday.  I worked a full day, the spring letters are ready for editing and I was able to wrap up some odds and ends in a busy week.  Last evening we went to worship on Good Friday.

Looking forward to Easter Sunday!

Comments