My Week That Was - Feb 23

Our my window.
2/17/2019 dwm photo
I got my flu shot in October.  I work out and try to get a good amount of sleep.  It was all working, too, until sometime last Saturday when I felt a tickle in my throat.

The coughing didn't last long and wasn't too intense.  My nose wasn't running then, but it did.  As Saturday turned into Sunday, I didn't improve.

My conclusion... I was a victim of the common cold.  When I woke Monday morning, I felt better and headed to work.  However, after an hour, I started feeling bad.  Since my job includes visiting older adults, I realized I needed to go home and get in bed.

Just as I wondered about my health, the next morning I was much, much better.  The nose had stopped and my cough down to normal/occasional levels.  Praise the LORD!

It was time for more snow on Wednesday - predictions of 2 - 6 inches in Madison.  The temperatures warmed up during the day, leaving the total short of the mark, but it was a wet snow which is good for the soil.

We have a nice snow pack right now.  Hopefully when the spring melt comes it will be slow or there will be lots of flooding.

Wednesday also marked the re dedication of the Tree of Life Chapel on Oakwood's Prairie Ridge campus.  Since campus development got under way in early 2018, the Chapel was scheduled to be first to re-open.  It was a good day in January when it did.  The large space was packed with residents and guests; I was glad to be there.

Thursday, one of my favorite and first residents I really got to know passed away.  I last talked to her three weeks ago at a special gathering and the month before visited her home.  She shared delightful stories about her childhood as a first generation American growing up in Milwaukee; she told me about her family; and she shared how much she enjoyed living at Oakwood.

I will miss her, but will also remember her through a variety of stories and memories.  It is a great blessing to work in a vibrant community so many older adults call home.

It was a pretty good week, especially once I was over that nasty cold.  How was yours?

Comments