My Week That Was - June 23

An Orange Float
6/20/2018 dwm photo
My week started out fine with an Ice Cream Social.  It's an annual event Father's Day weekend and a big hit on the Oakwood Village University Woods campus with residents turning out for hand-dipped ice cream with hot fudge, strawberries, whipped cream, and nuts.

Just a few days later, the employee's Thrive committee offered a special treat on Ice Cream Soda day.

It wasn't really an Ice Cream Soda - it was a float.  There were a variety of flavors - Root Beer, Coke, Cream, Berry, and Orange.  I loved Orange floats as a kid, so that was my pick.  Actual Ice Cream Sodas include soda water or seltzer with milk, ice cream, and a syrup of some kind.  No matter, this was fine with me.

Prickly Pear Cactus in bloom on the
Oakwood campus. 6/20/18  (dwm)
Life at work was fairly quiet, which provided an opportunity to catch up and get ahead on a couple of projects.  On Thursday, I helped with a CFRE Refresher Course offered by the Greater Madison Chapter of the AFP (Association of Fundraising Professionals).  The same course two years ago helped me pass the extensive CFRE exam (Certified Fund Raising Executive).

Yesterday was pretty normal with the end of the week ushering us into the summer of 2018.  It's been another wet week, although much cooler than what we had last weekend.

Enjoy your first week of summer!

Comments