My Week That Was - June 16

Maynard strikes a pose outside
the Duck Pond.    6/14/18 dwm photo
My week included two rides, a fancy-schmancy dinner, baseball, and a red cross.

Just seven days ago we intended to enjoy our trip to a farm for a dairy breakfast.  It had rained overnight and there was a long, long line at the park and ride lot - so we went to a regular diner instead.  I guess we will wait till next year.

The gave me time on Saturday to pursue more Badger statues.  The ride wasn't far, but there were more Buckys per mile.

The second ride came Monday.  I learned Sunday the location of the elusive Golden Bucky.  He would move again on Tuesday.  He was close enough to the office, I thought this might be my best chance to shoot him.

Golden Bucky... check, my 39th of 85 public works of art.

Mid-week I was part of a fancy dinner with something called Spanish Paella.  The best part was dessert, a Triple Chocolate Tuxedo Cake.  It's a good thing I saved room!

Thursday was my first trip to see the Madison Mallards.  I can't believe it took me so long, it was great!

The cozy stadium was a perfect place to meet a friend.  We enjoyed the game while catching up.  There's more I want to share about my night with the ducks - come back Tuesday for more.

Friday I visited the American Red Cross.  It counted as a donation, but unfortunately can only be used for research as I came up just short of a full bag. 

The phlebotomist thought she got the vein on her first attempt.  It didn't feel right, but she said it was flowing fine.  However, the blood flow slowed to a point where she tried a mid-stream needle adjustment.  Ow.  Then another gave it a shot.  Ow.  Another. Ouch.  Finally, the highest ranking person on hand gave it a shot, but I wasn't putting out enough blood quick enough and time ran out.

It was disappointing to sit there enduring the discomfort and realize I wasn't going to help anyone recover from surgery or emergency room visit.  I'm a bit surprised it didn't happen earlier.

There is a shortage of blood.  Even A+, the second most popular type, is in short supply.  I have to wait eight weeks for my next chance.  If you can give during your week, that will be a big help.

Thanks.  Have a great week.

Comments