Office or Man-Cave

My office/cave    dwm photo
We've lived here a little more than two years and most of that time nothing really changed in the room upstairs where the files sit along with several of the keepsakes and treasures I've gathered through the years.

It was time to do something different.  About a year ago a neighbor gave me about a dozen milk crates.

They matched the six vintage crates I've had for 30 years.  Wood crates with a metal bottom and corners.  They were made in the 1940s, if not earlier.

My grandpa had dozens in his garage workshop in East Peoria.  I thought they were cool and would be a perfect place to store my record albums.

Just about the oldest thing in my office is a scale model Caterpillar Road Grader.  I must have been about 10 years old when he bought it for me.  I had five at one point, but this is the only survivor.

In many of the crates sit more than 100 caps.  Packers, Brewers, and Badgers make up more than half the collection.  I like the Fitz's Root Beer cap from St. Louis quite a bit, and I've acquired several from dealers who sold us cars.
The roll top children's desk came from
the family doctor a long, long time ago.
dwm photo

Less is more with things small enough to fit in frames.  Inside sit dozens of hat or lapel pins representing places we've visited, chronicle Wisconsin State Fairs, and blood donations.

There used to be more, but while living in Indianapolis for some reason thieves who broke in our house took nearly 30 pins.  I hope they got a good price for them.

None of the collected memories have a large monetary value.  That's OK, if they did I'd sell the item and keep the memory.

The corner window looks south and east admitting the morning sun.  It's a decent room and didn't need much work.  However, now that I'm looking at the pictures, I really should get something to cover the "Goodnight Moon and Stars" wall border.

Maybe I can find the same thing in Milwaukee Brewers Blue or Green Bay Packer Green and Gold!

Comments