My Week That Was - Apr 7

What was I shopping for in
Black Earth?  3/31/18  dwm photo
A week ago, after the morning workout and a stop at Hubbard Avenue Diner for a delicious cinnamon bread french toast, we drove west to Black Earth.

I needed shoes.   No spoiler alert here, though you will need to return a week from tomorrow (April 15) to learn what I bought!

It's April, although the last several days had a distinct March feel to them.

Starting Easter Sunday, the less than spring-like weather put the kibosh on sandals and summer dresses for little girls and their moms walking into church.  It was more like overcoats, gloves, and hats for Easter 2018.

Monday night was the NCAA Championship game.  I missed on one more pick.  Good thing I don't bet! A better game would be nice. Congratulations Villanova.

On Tuesday, places not too far north of us got a load of snow, 8 inches.  Madison skated by with a couple.  That's inconvenient, but nothing horrible.

Tuesday was also election day in Wisconsin.  I like voting early.  At 6:52 I was fourth in line for the polling place at the Verona Library.  By 7:05, I had my "I voted" sticker and was heading to the car to go to work.

For several elections now, I've voted for more losers than winners.  I was surprised that evening to see more people agreed with me than usual.  I'm not sure if that's good news or not, but it was satisfying to see the results come in that evening.

At work, I've spent a fair amount of time writing this week.  There are several variations of the letters to be mailed which will offer the opportunity for donors to invest in the mission.

Oh, and there's the annual physical.  It went pretty well.  The best news is maintaining my weight is now the goal, which seems like progress.  It turns out I don't have a perfect body, so there are a couple of areas that need some work.  I like the doc, very encouraging and takes time to answer questions and offer explanations.

It was a full week, now I'm looking forward to a Brewer game!

Comments