Revived Architecture

A Majestic Farm House looking for better days
4/7/2014 dwm photo
I'm not sure how long the old house stood empty before I stopped to take its picture in the early spring of 2014.

After weeks of admiring it on regular weekend road-trips, I wondered about its past and if it had a future or was destined to decay.

It seemed to personify the changing landscape of our rural countryside and the home inspired the blog which ran here April 9, 2014.

Several months ago, I noticed something else around the old place.  Trucks, cars, and construction supplies.

Someone else looked beyond the old house and saw some good bones; dreamed about it, and dove in with money to bring a dream to life.

4/7/2014  dwm
I don't drive past the house as often these days, but just last Sunday I drove by and was excited to note the progress.  Solar panels on the roof.  New windows and doors.  A new fence.

It is becoming a home again!

Traveling past it at 55 miles per hour doesn't allow time for an inspection, but it is eons beyond where it stood 3 and a half years ago.

It appears there is work to do, but there has been a lot of work done to start bringing it back to life.  I can only guess at the electrical and plumbing; insulation; and sweat equity necessary to revive it.

From what I saw, it looks a grand effort will make this old place a home again.

Comments